fren

Courniou

 

 

armoirie village courniou



     The Fenille pass marks the division of waters between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean -






Located at the western limit of the department of Hérault, this village is located 5 km upstream of Saint-Pons.

Passage emblematic Passa País Greenway that connects Mazamet to Bédarieux, the pass of Fenille, 459 m on the N 112, marks the division of water between Thoré and Jaur, that is to say between Atlantic (by the Tarn) and the Mediterranean (by the Hérault).

Courniou is known for its network of several caves, the most visited is that of the Devèze, with 9 rooms, rich in fine concretions and where we admire the "palace of the glass spinner".

This classified site allows to admire stalactites of great purity that seem to defy the laws of gravity: incredible draperies, subtle bouquets of aragonite, a petrified waterfall ....
At the end of the cave, a path leads to the capitelles, these funny little dry stone huts, and the Passa Païs Greenway invites you to discover other villages.



- A voir, à faire -

= La Grotte de fileuse de verre 
= L’Espace Pédagogique du Monde Souterrain
= Randonnées : Lo Camin Nostre
= Le Sentier des Capitelles
= Itinérance : GR de Pays
= La Voie Verte Passa Païs


- Un peu d'histoire -

Located on the very old communication route from Castres to Béziers, the territory of Courniou is in the course of history a place of passage and exchange, which has suffered during troubled times, especially during the wars of religion.
When the city of Saint-Pons was captured by the Huguenots in 1567, the territory of Courniou was at the heart of the clashes. Later in 1625, the Protestant troops of Rohan destroyed the farms of Enclauses (belonging to the chapter of Saint-Pons) and Marquit (belonging to the Brugairoux family).
Towards the end of the 17th century, the castle of Cabanes is built by the family of Guibbal, who owned since the 16th this area with his farm and that of Sarrougé (today Saint-Roger). From 1714, the castle is the property of the Roger de Cabanes family. In 1703, is built the parish of Courniou, branch of Saint-Martin-du-Jaur, which marks the first will of independence and identity of the territory.


- Mairie -

Tel : 04 67 97 03 85
Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Ouverture : Le Lundi : de 10h00 à 12h00
Du Mardi au Mercredi : de 14h00 à 16h00
Le Jeudi : de 10h00 à 12h00
Le Vendredi : de 14h00 à 16h00

du minervois au caroux a0d4e

Seuls les partenaires de l'office du tourisme figurent sur le site. Une liste exhaustive peut être fournie sur demande à l'office de tourisme. Les prix et descriptifs sont donnés à titre indicatif sur la base des informations fournies par les prestataires.

ESPACE PRO - Connexion Nos engagements - Mentions Légales - Plan de site

64 64 14d726d1567c98a81b2f9cd318c0b853 facebook 218d2                64 64 0213aa8165c20cbbc11e5b6fc91abf64 instagram f2656              64 64 34fbb0402c0e375f7105a94dca33935c youtube a5daf