boutique en ligne  billeterie en ligne  contact   Accès   téléchargez nos brochures en pdf   Facebook   Instagram   Youtube

Logo

logo ot blanc
fren

Pardailhan

 

 

01 armoirie village pardailhan


- The extension of the Montagne Noire at the western end of the department of Hérault





The municipality of Pardailhan culminates at Pech Mage at 822 m. Famous still today for its turnip, "lo nap del Pardailhan" in Occitan, it was from the fourteenth century a privileged passage between the lagoon plains, the Mediterranean ports such as Agde and Narbonne, and the countries further north, by example Albigensian or Rouergue. Its castle, built around 1650, has been remodeled over the centuries; it has kept its two towers of the seventeenth century.

Pardailhan refers to a larger territory that historically includes the current town and that of Saint-Jean-de-Minervois. The relief of Pardailhan is particularly tormented, with a steep slope until Minervois and Saint-Chinianais descending to a minimum altitude of 276 m. The Pardailhan is located at the western end of the department of Herault, in the mountain range of Avant-monts. It is an extension of the Black Mountain.

Two important sources come from the Monts du Pardailhan: the Malibert and Poussarou springs ensure the durability of the Vernazobres, a tributary of the Orb, and provide drinking water for the Saint-Chinian region.
The municipality, with an area of ​​4118 ha, has ten hamlets: Pardailhan (the chief town), Rodomouls, Coulouma, Rieussec, Pez, Catalo, Copujol, La Garrigue, La Louviere and Pardailho.

A green setting famous for ... its black turnip! Lou nap de Pardailha has been cultivated for centuries on these clay-limestone lands and its unique flavor has given it a reputation that has greatly exceeded the limits of the region.

The climate is mountainous Mediterranean type: it is influenced by the altitude and proximity of the Black Mountain and the Espinouse Mountains.


 - A voir, à faire -
= Randonnées : Le Vallon de Camboussels
= Itinérance : Grande Randonnée
= Produits et Producteurs du terroir : Le Navet de Pardailhan


 - Un peu d'histoire -
The castle of Pardailho is occupied until the beginning of the 15th century by a royal castellan, representing the king (the castle is ruined in the 16th century).
Several noble families succeed each other for nearly three centuries, holding a share of the seigneury, without residing in Pardailhan.
Around 1650, a new castle is built in the hamlet of Pontguiraud, by the noble family of Brugairoux.
The church Sainte-Marie is transferred to the hamlet of Pontguiraud in 1752, which then takes the name of Pardailhan, and becomes the chief town of the lordship.



- Mairie -

Tel : 04 67 97 10 80
Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Ouverture : Le Mardi : de 10h00 à 12h00
Le Vendredi : de 10h00 à 12h00




Seuls les partenaires de l'office du tourisme figurent sur le site. Une liste exhaustive peut être fournie sur demande à l'office de tourisme. Les prix et descriptifs sont donnés à titre indicatif sur la base des informations fournies par les prestataires.

ESPACE PRO - Connexion Nos engagements - Mentions Légales - Plan de site

64 64 14d726d1567c98a81b2f9cd318c0b853 facebook 218d2   64 64 0213aa8165c20cbbc11e5b6fc91abf64 instagram f2656   64 64 34fbb0402c0e375f7105a94dca33935c youtube a5daf